- • Private transfer from the hotel in Puno to the port to aboard the boat
- • Official English-Speaking guide
- • Private boat for Private Service only
- • Capitan and safe jackets
- • Meals (1 Lunch 1 Dinner 1breakfast in Amantani)
- • Stay with a local family, 4 participants per each local family
- • All meals
- • Optional party organized by local's to show their dance and music
- • Optional 2 hours of trekking on the first day, from the local family to the Pachatata temple (4200m). On the second day you have another opportunity to walk from the north to south side of Taquile Island.
- • Entrance fee to the Reserve of Lake Titicaca (be care some travel agencies don't include this ticket to the reserve)
- • Tips
- • Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- • Extras & Gratitudes
Day 1: Puno - Uros Floating Islands - Amantani - Local Family Stay
At 6:45AM you will be picked up from your hotel. Travel and after 2 hours by motor boat and then you will arrive at the Uros Island. Fishermen and hunters inhabit the floating islands of the Uros. The residents of the Uros use the cattail, a type of rush, which grows in the lake, to create the conditions that ensure the islands stay afloat. The dense roots that the plants develop support the island. The roofs are waterproof and the houses are extremely humid because of the surrounding water.
Continue traveling in our boat, we will get the next island called Amantani, just arriving there will be first contact with local’s families, they bring you up to the homes, there you get your accommodation for one night in basic typical room between the agriculture fields. The local family will supply yours all foods (1L - 1D - 1B). After lunch all the group together walk up to highest point of island, called Pachatata temple = 4200m. Is the best place to get pictures from all surround views of this blue sacred lake of the Incas.
After the explanation of your tour guide, back to the homes to get your dinner and then you can go to enjoy typical dances with the local music players.
Overnight: Local family home
Meals: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Amantani Island - Taquile Island - Puno
At 7AM after family breakfast meet the entire group and travel by boat to the Taquile island, 2 and half hours crossing the lake you will arrive at the last place to visit. Visit and explanation about the live, culture, typical costume and every common activity at the main square, short treks around the island including lunch in the co-operative restaurant, there is also a co-operative shop on the plaza that sells exceptional woollen goods which are not cheap but of very fine quality. Taquile Island is famous for its craft production, particularly for its beautiful textiles. The island is narrow only about 1 KM wide, but 6 to 7 Km. long, on Taquile there are numerous pre-Inca and Inca ruins and Inca terracing.
At 4 or 5pm you will return to Puno
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Climate: Rather variable. Sunny, though on other days it can be cool and overcast. At high altitudes conditions range from cool to decidedly cold in the early morning.
Please inquire for a custom quote. The price is customized based on final accommodation choices, travel dates, and other custom preferences.
• Domestic Flights: Lima – Cusco – Lima: from $165.00 to $399.00 per person.
• All our itineraries are fully customizable, jus ask !